Mail on Sunday backs Event mag with £3m launch
The Mail on Sunday is to replace its Live supplement with Event, a culture and celebrity-focused magazine which launches on 14 April backed by a £3m promotional campaign.
Mail on Sunday: readies launch of Event magazine
Geordie Greig, editor of the Mail on Sunday, is putting his stamp on the title a year after joining from the London Evening Standard, where he was also editor.
The 80-page Event will target men and women, an expansion of Live’s 60 pages. It will include a seven-day guide to TV and radio in a 22-page ‘Critics’ section, which replaces the review section in the main paper.
Live magazine was launched in 2005 as the male companion to You, the paper’s women’s magazine.
Event will be edited by Live’s editor, Gordon Thomson, a former editor of Sunday Times digital and Time Out London.
The supplement will retain some of Live's contents, including Piers Morgan’s column on life in Hollywood. New writers include Chris Evans on cars, Deborah Ross on TV and Tom Parker Bowles on restaurants, while the ‘Desert Island Pics’ section will showcase pictures from key moments in a celebrity’s career.
Greig told Campaign: "This is big investment and an increase in the number of pages for our readers. It’s much bigger magazine than Live in every way. It’s a modern one-stop shop for everything readers will want in today’s modern culture – film, art, TV, celebrities and interviews."
The new offering will be printed on a higher quality 55 GSM stock paper in a larger size to Live, similar in proportion to the Daily Mail’s Weekend supplement.
The launch is being supported by a £3m ad campaign by M&C Saatchi with £2m to TV advertising and £1m on other promotions across Associated Newspapers brands such as wraps on Metro.
Rosemary Gorman, the group advertisement sales director for Mail Newspapers, said the new supplement would be an "exciting new opportunity for advertisers who want to Say It On A Sunday and interact with consumers during the most precious part of their week."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...