BuzzFeed launches in the UK
BuzzFeed, dubbed one of the most innovative social media businesses around by Fast Company, has launched quietly in the UK this morning.
BuzzFeed: UK launch
The site, famed for its memes, cats and list oriented stories, makes the UK the first country to get its own Buzzfeed site outside of the US.
The UK launch has been dictated by the increasing amounts of traffic that the US site was attracting from across the Atlantic.
The launch in the UK sees it lead with '43 things British People Know to be True'. Top of that list is that "The Jeremy Kyle Show attracts the best guests".
Other UK centric content sure to pull in readers includes "21 Weirdly Angry Mail Online Commenters", "27 Extraordinary Facts About The London Underground" and '21 Simple Ways To Swear Like Malcolm Tucker.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Account Director - RTB Accord Group Limited c. £40,000 per annum, Central London WC1A 1DG
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Super Benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Designer - Marketing and Communications Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Buckinghamshire