BuzzFeed launches in the UK
BuzzFeed, dubbed one of the most innovative social media businesses around by Fast Company, has launched quietly in the UK this morning.
BuzzFeed: UK launch
The site, famed for its memes, cats and list oriented stories, makes the UK the first country to get its own Buzzfeed site outside of the US.
The UK launch has been dictated by the increasing amounts of traffic that the US site was attracting from across the Atlantic.
The launch in the UK sees it lead with '43 things British People Know to be True'. Top of that list is that "The Jeremy Kyle Show attracts the best guests".
Other UK centric content sure to pull in readers includes "21 Weirdly Angry Mail Online Commenters", "27 Extraordinary Facts About The London Underground" and '21 Simple Ways To Swear Like Malcolm Tucker.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire