Ian Dowds walks away from Trinity Mirror
Ian Dowds has walked away from his managing director role at Trinity Mirror's Digital Media division after six months, for reasons unknown.
Ian Dowds: resigns from Trinity Mirror
Dowds was responsible for leading the development of Trinity Mirror's multi-platform digital proposition to all users and commercial partners.
A well-respected media man for more than 20 years, Dowds' surprise exit follows just a two-month stint as sales director at News International at the start of 2012.
A Trinity Mirror spokesperson confirmed: "Ian Dowds has resigned and is serving his notice."
Prior to his short stays at the newspaper publishers, Dowds was the former vice-president of UK revenue at the ad network Specific Media, and a former sales director at Turner Media and one-time managing director at Mindshare.
He began his media career as a sales executive at UTV in 1989.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London