Carnival Cruise Lines appoints MPG Media Contacts to £8m account
Carnival Cruise Lines, the US cruise operator, has appointed MPG Media Contacts to its £8m UK media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
Carnival Cruise Lines: appoints MPG Media Contacts to UK media account
The appointment follows the announcement that the Carnival Cruise Lines' ship the Carnival Legend will begin journeys from Dover from 22 April 2013, the first time Carnival Cruise Lines has set sail from a UK port since 2008.
MPG Media Contacts will start working with the cruise operator soon and will be charged with planning and buying a multimedia campaign likely to include TV, outdoor, press, radio and digital.
As part of Carnival Cruise Lines' bid to expand the UK market, MPG Media Contacts has been appointed to create a long-term media strategy to help the brand grow and appeal to UK holidaymakers.
Paul Frampton, managing director, MPG Media Contacts, said: "This win further consolidates our expertise in the travel sector and we're looking forward to achieving a share of voice for Carnival Cruise Lines in the UK.
"With our integrated capabilities, we are perfectly positioned to create a dynamic media strategy for this exciting UK launch. Carnival Cruise Lines is such a great brand to be working with and we're confident we can help them create meaningful communications to impact their bottom line."
A spokesman for Carnival Cruise Lines confirmed the UK media account was worth £8m over the next year.
The account for Carnival Group’s other brands P&O Cruises, Cunard Cruise Line, Princess Cruises has been held by Aegis Media agency Vizeum since 2008.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London