Carnival Cruise Lines appoints MPG Media Contacts to £8m account
Carnival Cruise Lines, the US cruise operator, has appointed MPG Media Contacts to its £8m UK media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
Carnival Cruise Lines: appoints MPG Media Contacts to UK media account
The appointment follows the announcement that the Carnival Cruise Lines' ship the Carnival Legend will begin journeys from Dover from 22 April 2013, the first time Carnival Cruise Lines has set sail from a UK port since 2008.
MPG Media Contacts will start working with the cruise operator soon and will be charged with planning and buying a multimedia campaign likely to include TV, outdoor, press, radio and digital.
As part of Carnival Cruise Lines' bid to expand the UK market, MPG Media Contacts has been appointed to create a long-term media strategy to help the brand grow and appeal to UK holidaymakers.
Paul Frampton, managing director, MPG Media Contacts, said: "This win further consolidates our expertise in the travel sector and we're looking forward to achieving a share of voice for Carnival Cruise Lines in the UK.
"With our integrated capabilities, we are perfectly positioned to create a dynamic media strategy for this exciting UK launch. Carnival Cruise Lines is such a great brand to be working with and we're confident we can help them create meaningful communications to impact their bottom line."
A spokesman for Carnival Cruise Lines confirmed the UK media account was worth £8m over the next year.
The account for Carnival Group’s other brands P&O Cruises, Cunard Cruise Line, Princess Cruises has been held by Aegis Media agency Vizeum since 2008.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London