Success on digital platforms relies on risk-taking, says Initiative's Altman
ABC Interaction 2012: Media agencies are equipped to advise and navigate media owners through an evolving digital landscape says Alex Altman, chief executive, Initiative, who added that media owners should be braced for some failure.
Alex Altman: chief executive, Initiative
Speaking exclusively to Media Week after his presentation at this year's Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) Interaction event, Altman said: "There is no-one that knows for certain what is going to work tomorrow. The good publishers, media owners and agencies are those that are trying things."
Asked what role media agencies could play in helping publishers to monetise digital platforms, he said media owners must be prepared to take a risk and accept that not everything will work.
He said: "The successful publishers and the successful media owners are prepared to understand the audience and take a chance."
Altman's presentation at the event centred around partnerships and creating new content for clients. He said increasingly every brief calls for a bespoke solution and what works today may not necessarily work at a later date.
Watch the full interview with Alex Altman, chief executive at Initiative below.
Tomorrow, Jerry Wright, CEO of the ABC, talks about keeping the bureau relevant and adapting for a new online audience.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...