VW to extend One Thing campaign with Absolute Radio
Volkswagen has signed a six-figure commercial deal with Absolute Radio and will give away a luxury trip to Los Angeles to one listener, as part of its 'One Thing' campaign for the VW Golf.
VW Golf: 'one thing' campaign
VW's 'One Thing' campaign by Adam & Eve/DDB suggests that if someone had to pick one car to drive for the rest of their life, they should choose a Golf. It asks people to make a similar decision on the song, film or meal that would last them a lifetime.
From tomorrow Absolute Radio will ask its listeners to pick the song they would choose if they could only listen to one for the rest of their lives. The top five will be put to a public vote.
In short promos across Absolute Radio’s network, including its digital stations such as Absolute Classic Rock and Absolute 80s, show hosts will explain what song they would choose and why. Listeners will be directed to a microsite on the Absolute Radio website to suggest their song and enter the competition.
The activity will also include InStream ads served to online listeners tuning in via Absolute Radio’s online player and apps.
The campaign was planned and bought by MediaCom.
Tom Wharfe, communications manager at Volkswagen, said: "This partnership provides a great opportunity to connect with the Absolute listeners through their common interest of music.
"By tapping into the audience in this way, we hope to generate high levels of engagement and awareness for the new Volkswagen Golf in the lead up to its launch early next year."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London