Waitrose congratulates Reading on promotion to Premier League
Waitrose drew attention to its sponsorship of Reading FC with a press campaign this weekend hailing the team's promotion into the Premier League.
Waitrose: press ad congratulates Reading FC's promotion
The press ad, headlined, "We are the champions", said: "Good luck in the Barclays Premier League, we're proud to sponsor you", following the team's final game of the season.
Waitrose signed a new two-year sponsorship with Reading in December 2010, which will include the team's 2012/13 season in the Premier League.
The high-profile sponsorship is also unique in that Reading is the only team to be sponsored by a supermarket chain.
The press campaign ran in The Sunday Times and also contained text stating, "Everyone at Waitrose would like to congratulate Brian McDermott [the manager] and his team at Reading Football Club on winning the npower Championship".
McDermott, the former manager of Woking FC and reserve team coach at Reading, has steered Reading to the Premier League after being entrusted with the full-time manager's job in January 2010, following a surprise victory against Liverpool in the FA Cup.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...