BA unveils plans for giant screen in Olympic Park
British Airways has revealed plans to broadcast the London 2012 Olympic Games live within a dedicated area at the Olympic Park for an audience of 10,000 people.
British Airways: an impression of the Park Live broadcast (photo: Locog)
BA is a domestic tier-one sponsor of the London 2012 Games and has partnered with the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Locog) to create the event, called 'Park Live'.
The dedicated area will house 10,000 people, who will be able to watch the Games on a giant screen within the newly-created Olympic Park.
The area will also host live interviews with athletes on the presenting stage, live entertainment, short films and visits from Olympic and Paralympic athletes.
Tickets to enter the park are available to consumers already attending the Olympic Games, and to the general public. They will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
Frank van der Post, managing director of brands and customer experience at British Airways, said: "The park will be open to all guests on the Olympic Park before or after they've watched an event, or simply as a destination in itself.
"We're looking forward to offering a great experience and dedicated area to watch all the action live."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...