Publishing's leaders set to explore multi-platform future at PPA Conference
Leaders from the world of magazine publishing are set to tackle the industry's multiplatform future on Wednesday (9 May) at Publishing+, the PPA's conference at the Hilton Metropole.
PPA: Publishing+ conference will be held at the Hilton Metropole
The agenda tackles the key topics shaping the sector. Sessions will look at opportunities for magazine brands across various platforms, changing audience demands, and evolving commercial models.
Brand Republic / Media Week is the event's official media partner and will be reporting from its key sessions.
As highlighted in FIPP's Innovation report, the sector has experienced unprecedented change since the introduction of tablet editions and a plethora of apps such as "click to buy" technology, augmented reality ads and Digital Space – an app which allows the reader to scan items that appear in magazines and see how much they cost and where you can buy them.
As confirmed in March, speakers at the event include Andrew Rashbass, chief executive of The Economist Group, and Nicholas Coleridge, president and managing director of Conde Nast.
The full line-up is available at the PPA conference website along with an online booking form.
Barry Mcllheney, chief executive officer of the PPA, said: "The way we consume media is constantly changing and more content is now available on more platforms, generating more revenues and reaching more people.
"At Publishing+ next week, the UK's professional publishing community will come together to shine a light on where we're headed and how, as an industry, we can make the most of the changes we see happening."
New features for 2012 include a legal clinic, creative workshops, product demonstrations, and a networking lounge area for pre-arranged meetings.
Alongside the main conference, this year’s event also features a free exhibition, which provides an opportunity to see, hear and experience the services provided by the leading suppliers to the industry.
The PPA also launched the PPA Advertising Awards in April. They will be held in October 2012.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...