Brand Republic passes milestone of 100,000 followers on Twitter
Brand Republic, Haymarket's media and marketing website, has today attracted its 100,000th Twitter follower to reach a social media milestone that helps cement its position as the world's leading industry news website.
Brand Republic: passes Twitter milestone
The achievement keeps 11-year-old Brand Republic, which joined Twitter back in 2007 when the microblogging site was still in its relative infancy, significantly ahead of its rivals in terms of national and international reach.
Marketing magazine, BR's sibling title at Haymarket Media Group, has also been trailblazing on the social network and is set to pass the 100,000 milestone itself in the coming days – trouncing its own direct competition.
The large scale reach and engagement the two brands have captured in the social space reflects a wider content success within the Brand Republic group, which is regularly first with industry exclusives, harnesses LinkedIn and Facebook and hosts unrivalled expert blogs.
Gordon MacMillan, social media editor at Brand Republic Group, said: "We put a lot of effort into getting our Twitter strategy right and ensuring that staff across the group are all making good use of it.
"Having a good Twitter feed and being engaging is just one part of the story. The other part is that you need good content to share and we have that too."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London