Pele Cortizo-Burgess takes global planning role at MEC
MEC has hired former ITV executive Pele Cortizo-Burgess in the new role of global director of integrated planning.
Pele Cortizo-Burgess: joins MEC as global director of integrated planning
He starts on 10 September and will be based in New YorkCortizo-Burgess will be responsible for driving MEC's integrated planning offer, internally and externally, and will report to Mel Varley, chief strategy officer, global and Marla Kaplowitz, chief executive of MEC in North America.
He joins from Grey North America where he was chief strategy officer, responsible for a department of 55 people and working for clients such as P&G, Diageo, Pfizer and Canon.
Prior to joining Grey, Cortizo-Burgess was director of creative strategy and board member global content at ITV in the UK where he was responsible for the design and implementation of business vision, mission and values identity for the UK's largest commercial broadcaster, as well as the overhaul of the company's global identity, ITV Studios.
He is also a member of the faculty at the Miami Ad School, teaching account planning and creative development across many campuses in the US.
Varley said: "We're committed to investing in our strategic leadership and Pele is an excellent example of the strategic firepower that we’re amassing in MEC.
"Pele's experience of building and integrating planning across disciplines and connecting it more effectively with the development and activation of content, will help us deliver even more effective communication solutions for our clients."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...