Daily Diary - The Text Factor
He made a name for himself when he got a call from Richard Branson after complaining about Virgin's poor quality airline food, but now advertising's answer to Victor Meldrew, Oli Beale, creative at Mother London, is back with a new compliant.
Karaoke complaint: Oli Beale's review of his noisy neighbours' performances
This time Beale has complained via Twitter about his annoying warbling neighbours in Hackney who decided to hit the karaoke deck until the early hours of Sunday morning – no doubt after a weekend of watching 'The X Factor'.
Beale drew up a poster-size review board to shame his neighbours, which included the times, names of the songs and marks out of 10 for each performance. He then pinned it up in his communal block of flats.
The poster read, "To the people that kept us up all night by singing/screaming on their balcony. Thank you for your EPIC performance. Your terrace faces 115 windows so you really did have the perfect stage. I'm sure you're keen to hear our verdict."
Beale's Simon Cowell-esque critique included; "Your performance of this would cause the band more shame than Pete Townsend's liberal attitude to paedophilia", as well as "if you’re going to be woken up after two hours of sleep, it might as well be to a herd of morons screaming 'Tiny Dancer'."
The last review at 9.10 am reads, "You gestured to the beautiful sunny morning and gave a little smile that said to the world, 'yep we absolutely nailed that.' I hate you."
Cowell, Meldrew or perhaps more Jimmy Carr? You decide.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...