Trader Media Group chief executive steps down
John King, chief executive of Trader Media Group (TMG), the company that publishes the car magazine Auto Trader, has stepped down.
Auto Trader: the one by Glue Isobar
Zillah Byng-Maddick, chief financial officer, will fill in for King while the company looks for a permanent replacement.
King issued a statement saying: "I have enjoyed five exciting and successful years working with an outstanding team at TMG.
"We have been on an amazing, transformational journey and while I am sorry to be leaving, the business needs a leader to commit long term to the next stage of the company's development."
King joined TMG in May 2007 from his then role as chief executive at Australian classifieds business, Trading Post.
Prior to this, he was general manager of online advertising of Sensis Pty, the group that owns Trading Post.
Tom Hall, chairman of the TMG board, said: "We are tremendously grateful for everything John has achieved at TMG. During his time as chief executive, the group has been widely recognised as providing one of the world's most successful examples of transition from print to digital publishing.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 + Car, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...