One in five Brits have seen Kate topless
One in five British adults, approximately seven million people, have seen the controversial images of the Duchess of Cambridge sunbathing topless while on holiday in France, according to new research.
Duchess of Cambridge: one in five British adults have seen the topless pictures
The research from YouGov reveals that as of 21 September, some 20% of adults had seen the images online, while an additional 1% have seen them in foreign publications.
The publication of the images in the Irish Daily Star, which is part owned by Richard Desmond, has resulted in the editor of the publication being suspended, while the royal family is taking legal action against the French versions of Closer, the first publication to print the images.
Some 72% of people believe the royal family's decision to pursue legal action is correct, while 61% of respondents believe the paparrazo who took the intrusive pictures should be prosecuted.
Unsurprisingly, a higher proportion of men than women have seen the images online and the 18 to 24 age group are the demographic that have been most prolific in looking up the images.
Some 26% of men have looked up the images online, compared to 15% of women.
YouGov’s survey found that 47% of 18- to 24-year-olds had looked up the images, compared to 32% of 25- to 39-year-olds, 14% of 40- to 59-year-olds, and 7% of those aged 60 and over.
Results were taken from a survey of 1,608 British adults between 20-21 September.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London