Mozilla hires ex-LG marketer to lead mobile launch
Firefox-owner Mozilla has recruited former LG UK marketing director John Bernard to lead the global marketing for its forthcoming mobile operating system.
Mozilla: Firefox-owner launching a mobile OS
Bernard, who has also worked for Sony Ericsson, will take on the role of global director of marketing and product, ahead of the launch of the system next year.
He joins from his position as head of global marketing at software maker Ubuntu.
Mozilla, which claims that more than 400m people worldwide use its Firefox internet browser, is looking to take on rival systems such as Google’s Android, Micro-soft’s Windows Phone 8 and Apple’s iOS.
Bernard will be responsible for hiring a marketing team to build brand awareness among consumers through advertising, sponsorship, in-store activity, channel marketing, and via agree-ments with smartphone manu-facturers.
The US open-source software company has already announced a tie-up with Chinese mobile phone manu-facturer ZTE. A ZTE handset running the Mozilla operating system is expected to be rolled out early next year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Director - Integrated - San Francisco Live Recruitment £70000 - £100000 per annum + relocation, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...