Mozilla hires ex-LG marketer to lead mobile launch
Firefox-owner Mozilla has recruited former LG UK marketing director John Bernard to lead the global marketing for its forthcoming mobile operating system.
Mozilla: Firefox-owner launching a mobile OS
Bernard, who has also worked for Sony Ericsson, will take on the role of global director of marketing and product, ahead of the launch of the system next year.
He joins from his position as head of global marketing at software maker Ubuntu.
Mozilla, which claims that more than 400m people worldwide use its Firefox internet browser, is looking to take on rival systems such as Google’s Android, Micro-soft’s Windows Phone 8 and Apple’s iOS.
Bernard will be responsible for hiring a marketing team to build brand awareness among consumers through advertising, sponsorship, in-store activity, channel marketing, and via agree-ments with smartphone manu-facturers.
The US open-source software company has already announced a tie-up with Chinese mobile phone manu-facturer ZTE. A ZTE handset running the Mozilla operating system is expected to be rolled out early next year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Sales and Marketing Executive (print and digital media) Publimatic Up to £35,000pa plus reasonable expenses, Bloomsbury/Holborn
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum, Uxbridge
- Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £20000 per annum, Leamington Spa
- PPC Executive Barclay Meade £26000 - £33000 per annum, Woking