Google launches Adwords credit card for businesses
Google is starting to offer credit to UK businesses using AdWords with the launch of a dedicated credit card today.
Google AdWords: credit card for UK small businesses
AdWords Business Credit is specifically for small businesses enabling them to purchase AdWords on credit, which Google claims will make it easier for them to keep ads "running consistently".
Google said the card's interest rate of 11.9% is "low" and the offer represents "generous terms". The card is provided by Barclaycard and Mastercard can only be used to buy AdWords.
It has been piloting the scheme in the US for over a year. It claims that of the 1,400 businesses which took part in the scheme, 74% of respondents said they use AdWords Busness Credit as their primary payment for AdWords.
The UK is the first market to receive the card. Google has announced details of the US version, but not a launch date.
The launch comes in the week after reports emerged that Amazon was making loans to independent sellers which use its Marketplace.
Last month, Google launched a comparison tool for car insurance.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Head of Client Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - to £150k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £150k, Central London
- Group Account Director, Digital role, fashion and beauty brand, £80k MODA consult £80k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Head of Digital Marketing - Nottingham Trent University Stopgap £70000 - £79500 per annum + benefits, Nottingham
- Senior Research Executive - Boutique Research Agency NG Digital Marketing up to £35k, Central London