Taylors of Harrogate calls review of £4m media account
Taylors of Harrogate, the tea and coffee merchant that owns the Yorkshire Tea brand, has called a review its £4m media planning and buying account as it aims to consolidate its business into one agency.
Yorkshire Tea: little urn by Beattie McGuinness Bungay
The pitch includes Taylors of Harrogate coffee, the roast and ground coffee brand, and Yorkshire Tea, which, according to the company, have combined annual retail sales in excess of £100m.
Incumbent agencies MediaCom North and PHD North have been shortlisted alongside independent media agency the7stars and Goodstuff Communications to pitch for the account.
Simon Eyles, marketing director of Taylors of Harrogate, said: "Both our coffee and tea brands are performing exceptionally well. We have ambitious plans for the future, and recognise the pivotal role our communications and media partners will play.
"Our decision to review our media arrangements is to both consolidate our current requirements, but to primarily find an agency that can play a key role in developing exciting media plans in the future"
A brief to be sent to the competing agencies is set for mid-November, with pitches to be delivered mid-December.
Creative agency arrangements currently handled by BMB are not affected by the review.
In 2011, Eyles left his role as head of brand marketing at Asda for his new role at Taylors of Harrogate.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...