ITV secures This Morning sofa product placement from DFS
ITV has agreed the third product-placement deal for daytime show 'This Morning', with DFS providing sofas for the set for a year from today.
This Morning: Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield co-host the ITV show
The sofas will not be DFS-branded and the placement will be advertised on air only once, with a message shown on-screen during today’s show.
The deal is understood to be worth a low six-figure sum and was brokered by DFS’ media agency MediaCom’s Beyond Advertising division.
It includes an off-air licensing agreement allowing DFS to use the ‘This Morning’ logo in-store and online and a dedicated area of ITV.com showcasing the partnership, DFS product ranges and competitions.
‘This Morning’ secured the first product placement deal in UK commercial television history in February 2011, after media regulator Ofcom liberalised rules. Nestle coffee brand Dolce Gusto paid a sum believed to be £100,000 to have its coffee machine placed in the kitchen, which was arranged by Mindshare.
While the Dolce Gusto deal has lapsed, a second deal was agreed in September 2012 by ZenithOptimedia branded content agency Newcast for B&Q to supply the kitchen for the programme for two years.
ITV’s other PP deals include a Nationwide cash machine in ‘Coronation Street’ and Samsung technology in ‘The X Factor’.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...