The Sun launches sing-along ad campaign
The Sun has launched a quirky TV ad featuring a young child singing to help the nation through the 'most depressing' month of the year.
The campaign, which continues the brand's ‘Get Involved’ strapline, has been created by Grey London and WPP’s Team News to promote The Sun’s ‘Big Smile Giveaway’, a range of promotional bargains including holidays for £9.50.
A 50-second TV spot launched on 1 January is being supported by additional 60-second and 40-second versions, digital outdoor, digital and direct marketing activity.
The ad, which was produced by Rattling Stick and directed by former Fallon executive creative director Andy McLeod, features a young girl who is already fed up with January leading a sing-along.
Grey London’s executive creative director Nils Leonard worked with creative director Dave Monk and copywriter Vicki Maguire on the spot. M/Six was the media agency behind the campaign.
In addition, The Sun Smile Squad will be visiting towns up and down the country purveying random acts of kindness, from paying road toll charges to providing cups of tea from The Sun tea van.
Nick Stringer, director of marketing communications, News International, said: "We needed an idea that could amplify everything that’s great about The Sun, at a time of year when people need a pick-me-up. Grey’s campaign does that perfectly, with a strong look and feel for the quarter and a TV spot that is a call to the British public to ‘get involved’ with the paper’s editorial and its unrivalled promotional schedule."
Nils Leonard, executive creative director, Grey London, said: "Nothing like a singsong to get us through our darkest month. The Sun’s ‘Big Smile Giveaway’ is perfectly fronted by a toothless superstar."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...