Turkey of the Week: The Sun
Jeremy Lee finds The Sun’s "Big Smile Giveaway" spot by Grey London creepy: "There’s something very peculiar about this ad that sends a shiver down my spine. The poor child actor, dressed in bizarre 80s-style clothing, is afflicted with an undecipherable voice but is forced to deliver lines that no child would ever use. The most disturbing of these is the recurring ‘joke’ wordplay around the word ‘arse’. Not sure if this was ever deemed appropriate, but is certainly not now. No smile on my face – just a grimace."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Online Marketing Communications Manager Ascot International Up to £30,000 per annum, South London region
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...