DCM hires former Emap exec Rob Tomalin to head business development
Digital Cinema Media (DCM), the cinema sales house, has appointed Rob Tomalin, a former senior commercial exec at Bauer Media-predecessor Emap, as its head of business development, replacing Joe Evea.
Rob Tomalin: joins DCM as head of business development
Tomalin will be in charge of realising multi-platform ad opportunities for DCM, following its switch to a new digital system. Tomalin will also lead DCM's new digital product development, with a focus on media owner partnerships and sponsorship.
Tomalin, who joined DCM this week, will report to Evea, who has been promoted to commercial director.
Most recently, Tomalin was sales and business development director at Columbus Travel Media, selling advertising for publications such as the World Travel Guide.
Tomalin started his media sales career at ITV where he spent seven years, before working at Capital Radio. He then moved on to Emap Consumer Media, now Bauer Consumer Media, to work in business development.
After working in a number of senior commercial roles at Emap, Tomalin led the strategic cross-media sales division, Emap2, from February 2007.
Evea said: "The advent of digital has made cinema a more flexible, more creative and more effective medium. Rob's wealth of experience and creativity make him the ideal candidate for DCM. This is a great time to be joining the company."
Tomalin said: "The current digital media revolution is seeing the sector undergo a massive transformation. The power of the medium has never been questioned and the opportunity for existing and new advertisers has just got significantly better."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...