Betfair launches pan-European media pitch
Betfair, the betting exchange, has contacted agencies ahead of a pan-European media planning and buying pitch.
Betfair: Arena Media was appointed to the account last year
It is understood that Betfair contacted agencies on Tuesday to inform them it was planning to review its media arrangements in the UK and select European markets.
Sources said that Betfair, which spends £3 million on above-the-line UK media, has made the initial approaches ahead of chemistry meetings planned for next month.
Betfair appointed Arena Media to its UK planning and buying account in January last year without a pitch. Before that, it worked with WPP’s MCHI (now M/SIX).
MCHI was appointed after a pitch for Betfair’s UK media business in 2009, beating the incumbent, Maxus. In February last year, Betfair criticised the odds offered by bookmakers as part of a marketing campaign that ran across Europe. The work used the strapline "Don’t settle for less" and was created in-house.
Karmarama was appointed to Betfair’s digital account in October 2011 after a pitch and the brand hired Big Al’s Creative Emporium to work on its advertising account in June that year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire