News International nets Premier League rights
In a deal worth around £30 million, Premier League footage is set to be available online at The Times and The Sun. The rights had previously been shared between Yahoo! and ESPN, which has also lost its live TV rights to BT. The swoop comes at a time when many had started to question News Corporation’s willingness to invest in its news brands after they were hived off into a separate division to its entertainment and TV assets.
World Magazine Trends
FIPP, the voice of international magazine publishers, has released its annual report on magazine trends. The 18th edition of World Magazine Trends harnesses local market intelligence from members in 54 countries, with additional data and contributions from ZenithOptimedia and PricewaterhouseCoopers. It’s the only resource of its kind, spanning key trends on a global, regional and country basis for consumer and business-to-business media publishers. This year’s stats for the UK show that there are still more than 2,700 consumer magazines in circulation.
Sky Go Extra
BSkyB has launched Sky Go Extra, which will enable customers to watch Sky content offline and access via four internet-enabled devices for an additional £5 a month. Sky Go currently offers live and on-demand shows and films on two devices. The upgrade hopes to build on the more than three million subscribers using the service each quarter. Depending on the TV package, users will be able to download content such as Girls (above) for 30 days.
And one thing we don’t…
Attempts to smear Alexander Lebedev
A video of Alexander Lebedev, the Russian media magnate behind the London Evening Standard and The Independent, apparently in bed with two prostitutes in Moscow has come to light. The 53-year-old is currently facing legal action after punching a fellow guest during a debate on Russian TV in September 2011. Lebedev claims he has received blackmail demands over the footage, which is said to have been filmed by secret cameras more than seven years ago, before he had married his second wife.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...