Game cashes in on horse scandal with mince meat ad
Game, the beleaguered gaming shop, has taken time out from dealing with the aftermath of administration to run a light-hearted ad making fun of the horsemeat scandal.
Game: press ad wording plays on horsemeat scandal
The press ad, which appeared in The Sun today, has the tagline, "We make mince meat out of anything", in white letters against a dark background.
It is understood that the ad was designed by Game Group’s in-house team.
A spokeswoman for Game said: "Although several of the games sold at Game feature horses ['Red Dead Redemption', 'Assassin’s Creed', 'Darksiders', etc], we have double-checked and none of our products actually contains horsemeat.
"However, we do encourage 100% horsepower when gaming."
Other recent marketing from the retailer includes a partnership with IGN Entertainment for a series of activities, beginning with an offer to play Xbox 360 game 'Gears of War: Judgement' in-store, ahead of its release.
Campaign’s sister magazine Marketing revealed this morning that Game is seeking a marketing director , as the incumbent Anna-Marie Mason prepares to leave the retailer in the coming weeks.
A number of brands have taken advantage of the scandal over horsemeat in products labelled as beef, including Mini in an ad designed by Iris.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...