Hearst hires Microsoft's Stephen Edwards for digital role
Hearst Magazines UK has appointed Microsoft ad executive Stephen Edwards to the new role of group digital sales director.
Stephen Edwards: joins Hearst Magazines UK as group digital sales director
Edwards is a cross-platform solutions specialist at Microsoft and has more than 10 years' experience in digital sales.
He will play a pivotal senior role at Hearst, in line with the media owner's focus on creating innovative cross-media solutions for advertisers and clients.
Edwards will join the magazine company in May, reporting to the newly appointed group revenue director Max Raven.
He will work across the company's portfolio of 20 magazines, 20 websites, 14 mobile sites and more than 150 apps and digital editions, and will develop cross-platform, integrated digital programmes for advertisers and digital agencies.
Edwards joined Microsoft in 2009 as group account director and rose to lead sales relationships with two of Microsoft's biggest agency partners, Group M and Omnicom.
He was promoted to the cross-platform solutions specialist role last year and worked with emerging platforms such as Xbox Live, Skype and Windows 8. He was also the UK sales lead for Windows 8.
Before joining Microsoft, Edwards held roles at Virgin Radio as a strategic accounts director and Titan Outdoor Advertising as group head of premium and digital formats.
Hearst has made several digital announcements recently, including the appointment of Phebe Hunnicutt, who moved from AOL to take up the role of digital director at Elle magazine.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London