Channel 4's Read joins OMD UK as head of digital
OMD UK has hired Channel 4's digital lead, Carl Read, as the new head of digital following the departure of David Hompe.
Read: returns to agency side
In his new role, Read will report to the OMD managing director, Dan Clays, and will take responsibility for its digital output across all channels, including display, search, social and mobile. More than 70 staff will report to him.
Read’s move to OMD marks a return to the agency side. He joined Channel 4 just over a year ago after a five-year stint at MEC, where he was its head of digital strategy.
Clays said: "Carl is an exceptional talent with a unique background to further enhance our digital offering at OMD. He has infectious enthusiasm for what’s possible and will be a brilliant leader."
Read will also join the board of the Omnicom agency, which counts Channel 4 as one of its clients, when he arrives later this year.
Jonathan Lewis, the head of digital and partnership innovation at Channel 4, said Read had "played a short but compelling role in the transition of C4’s digital offering".
Hompe stepped down as the managing partner of digital at OMD in a board restructure at the end of last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London