My secret work weapon: James Bond, Clive Woodward and the importance of positivity
It's a quote from 'The Spy Who Loved Me', where Bond is told a survival strategy: to 'have a positive mental attitude'. It's more of a life weapon, but I apply it to work.
Justin Skinner, vice-president of marketing, Cineworld
As a marketer, I represent the customer, and in the leisure industry, it's about having fun and a positive experience. We're going through a customer-first programme, asking how to make our customers feel special and take the stress out of the cinema experience. So, a positive mental attitude is helping drive that strategy through.
Also, I try to bring my own energy and enthusiasm to my team. The positivity needs to be felt. In Sir Clive Woodward's book Winning, he writes about his mantra, that everyone is part of the team, and he didn't want any 'sappers' to take away energy and positivity.
Our end goal is putting the customer first and making Cineworld the favourite cinema in the UK. That positive thinking acts as a principle of success.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...