Inside... Radio Advertising Bureau
The trade body operates alongside other RadioCentre teams in what is the medium's UK nerve centre, Simon Redican writes.
At the Radio Advertising Bureau, we love our job of helping to keep the medium front of mind for advertising decision-makers. With new brands, multiplatform access and innovative formats, radio is constantly evolving its consumer and advertiser offering, so it’s vital that we keep ahead of the game on all market developments.
That’s why it’s great sharing the sixth floor at 55 New Oxford Street with Radioplayer, Digital Radio UK and Rajar, in addition to our colleagues at RadioCentre. To ensure the whole team is connected with everything that is going on in the industry, the RAB operates a hot-desking policy alongside the other teams within RadioCentre.
This helps us stay informed about the latest policy issues or dealings with the BBC Trust and keeps us in touch with the latest scripts being cleared by the RACC. And having the radio on all day throughout the office (listening to a different station each day) helps keep us close to the product we are selling.
We’re always happy to welcome customers and stakeholders into this positive environment, so it’s no surprise to encounter the great and good of the radio industry wandering the corridors or the hundreds of delegates who attend the RAB’s "Introduction to radio" training day, which we run on-site.
The RAB team is relatively small but perfectly formed, focusing on customer contact, research and insight, creativity, and marketing – all of which rely on close collaboration to elicit the best response from each piece of activity we run.
We’re gearing up for a customer event taking place in April where we will launch two exciting projects, followed later in the year with what we anticipate will be a hugely impactful research project. We hope these, alongside other initiatives, will help keep radio in the consideration set and lead to revenue growth for the fourth year in succession.
Simon Redican is the managing director at the Radio Advertising Bureau
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...