News groups unite to drive up revenue
The regional news groups Northcliffe Media and Trinity Mirror Regionals are to offer advertisers a new national sales package of titles in a bid to drive up ad revenues in a difficult market.
Auckland: will lead the initiative alongside Georgina Harvey and Gary McNish
Steve Auckland, recently promoted from the managing director to the chief executive of Northcliffe, will lead the initiative alongside Georgina Harvey, the managing director of Trinity Mirror Regionals, and Gary McNish, the managing director of the sales house AMRA, which represents titles from both groups.
Ad revenues in the regional press market remain under pressure. Revenues at Northcliffe fell 10 per cent in the six months to 31 March, according to a statement from its owner, Daily Mail & General Trust, this week.
The package is likely to include a selection of Northcliffe and Trinity Mirror titles across the UK, including the Manchester Evening News and the Bristol Evening Post.
AMRA is looking to recruit a new team to sell the package.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Midweight Planner Source £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits & progression/training , London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...