Wimbledon to offer enchanced streaming of live tennis action from website this year
Wimbledon is to offer enhanced live action of this year's championships from its own website, in a drive to bring the Wimbledon brand to the fore
Wimbledon: official website to stream live action for the first time
The move follows the appointment of Richard Lewis as the new chief executive of the All England Lawn Tennis Club, which hosts the tournament. The former British Davis Cup player and current chairman of the Rugby Football League (RFL) takes over the role on 1 May.
It is thought that he is looking to make the Wimbledon brand more prominent.
Commercial chiefs at The All England Lawn Tennis Club are today (24 April) expected to make an announcement on details of the initiative, which involves an overhaul of the Wimbledon website, www.wimbledon.com.
The initiative is expected to include a new Wimbledon programme that can be streamed from the Wimbledon website and will be fronted by presenters. It will include clips of live coverage, player profiles and interviews.
The BBC holds the broadcast rights to screen Wimbledon until at least 2017.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Vice President China & Global Accounts Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 - £120000.00 per annum + relocation costs, Cheshire
- Regional Marketing Manager Network Marketing £30000 - £35000 per annum, North West England
- Digital Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London