Eurostar post-Olympic ads focus on cultural exchange
Eurostar has launched a post-Olympic ad campaign calling on consumers to "Bring something interesting back" from a trip abroad with the rail company.
Eurostar: ads promote £59 return fare
The ads (see below) focus on aspects of British cultural life that originated in Eurostar’s destination countries France and Belgium.
One execution dwells on the origins of cricket, with the poster ad stating, "Crekketes, first recorded in Belgium, 1533. Cricket, established in London, 1744".
Another humorous ad shows a classic 20s Parisian scene alongside a shot of British women on a night out, stating, "Parisian chic: little black dress, 1926. Essex cheek: LBD, 2012".
The print, digital and outdoor campaign, the first since Eurostar appointed ad agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, will run for two weeks.
Media planning and buying was handled by Arena Media.
The latest ad push promotes the brand’s lowest price rail deal of £59 for a return journey between London and Paris or Brussels.
Lionel Benbassat, director of marketing and brand at Eurostar, told Marketing: "This pushes an attractive price but at the same time gives an insight into our travel philosophy, and helps to build the brand."
Click to expand picturesFollow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...