Trinity Mirror's Georgina Harvey exits in regionals and national merger
Trinity Mirror is merging its nationals and regionals divisions, resulting in the departures of Georgina Harvey, regionals managing director and Nick Fullagar, director of communications.
Georgina Harvey: regionals managing director leaves Trinity Mirror
It is also closing down Happli, the daily deals website that launched earlier this year, as part of a restructure under Simon Fox, Trinity Mirror's new chief executive.
The group said that changes will "create a more efficient model" under the banner "One Trinity Mirror".
Mark Hollinshead, nationals chief, has been made chief operating officer and will take charge of the merged operation spanning its national titles, which includes the Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror, and its regionals division, which includes the Manchester Evening News.
Meanwhile, there is uncertainty over the roles of Happli staff, including Dave Raywood, managing director. Trinity Mirror said it has entered a period of consultation with staff.
Happli was launched in March with great fanfare, including a heavyweight ad campaign. It offered consumers daily discounts on products and experiences and was touted as a rival to Groupon.
But Trinity Mirror said in a statement issued today that the business was "unlikely to reach significant scale to become profitable in the near term".
Fox took over from Sly Bailey as chief executive in August. He said: "I believe the changes we are making today will create 'One Trinity Mirror' with a unique portfolio of national and regional brands and the best structure from which to develop our longer term strategic direction. I will provide a strategic update in early 2013."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...