Tissot debuts augmented reality campaign for latest range
LONDON - Tissot will incorporate augmented reality into its latest advertising campaign allowing customers to 'try on' its new range of watches.
Tissot: augmented reality ads allow readers to interact
Tissot are inserting ads complete with AR codes into the June issues of T3 and GQ magazines, allowing readers to 'try on' and interact with a virtual model of their watches using a webcam-enabled computer.
The ad features a tip-on in GQ and a cut-out template wristband in T3. The wristband can also be downloaded from Tissot's Reality website.
Readers put on the band and are instructed to download software from Tissot's website, which also includes a downloadable PDF and instructional video.
By holding the band in front of a webcam, users can see on screen how they would look wearing the watch, choosing different models from on-screen menus.
The application, developed with virtual reality specialist Holition, lets wearers experiment with the touch-screen features of Tissot's watches. Videos showcasing the features of each watch are displayed.
Lynne Murray, brand director at Holition, said: "With the rapid growth in online retail and customer-buying habits becoming increasingly more complex, brands have to work harder to secure sales. Combining Holition's intuitive understanding of retail with augmented reality, this technology platform seamlessly integrates into a brands business strategy, enabling brands to experience a higher level of consumer engagement with their product."
Jamie Bill, publishing director at GQ, said: "The clever use of AR, conventional page-advertising and a 'tip-on', facilitates our readership to 'try on' a wide variety of models and colours. It’s clever, functional and novel, making the very best use of print and digital."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager / Client Director Gabriele Skelton £45000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...