Last-minute digital surge for Labour as Brown is hit on YouTube
LONDON - The Labour Party has received a last-minute online boost as a "barnstorming" speech by Gordon Brown on Monday became the most-watched video on YouTube in the UK.
The speech at the Citizens UK, the movement of trade unions, religious groups and community organisers, was described by The Guardian as "utterly compelling" and "barnstorming".
The video is currently the "most viewed" video on YouTube in the UK video with almost 90,000 views and the second in the "most popular" section.
The speech is being talked about across the web and has helped the hashtag #imvotingLabour to trend not only in the UK, but worldwide on Twitter
As part of its final push the Labour Party has created a splash page on the front of its website and is texting members and supporters today to ask them to help out tomorrow.
They are able to volunteer from the Labour's front page and then receive a phone call within hours from someone in the party's dedicated volunteer team.
Douglas Alexander, Labour's general election coordinator, said: This election is going to be very close and there are still an unprecedented number of undecided voters. Our supporters are campaigning hard in the final hours of this campaign. In the last few days we’ve taken £100,000 in small donations online.
"And we've sent a text message to tens of thousands of our supporters today asking them to go to our website and volunteer to help get out the vote on polling day. They give their details and are then phoned within hours with details of the best place for them to go and help. Thousands of people are offering their help. We're confident that we’ll have our strongest polling day operation ever as a result of this activity."
Tory supporters hit back and pushed #Imvotingconservative into a trending position on Twitter.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London