Political ads live on beyond election as pressure group targets Clegg
LONDON - A pressure group supporting proportional representation has reacted quickly by rolling out a national press ad urging the Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg to stick to his demands for a reformed voting system when talks continue later today.
Fair Votes Now: ad in The Times
Clegg is expected to meet with other senior Lib Dems this lunchtime to agree on a set of concrete proposals for the Conservatives, and 38 Degrees fear that he could compromise on his previous demands in exchange for the perks of government.
The organisation has joined forces with political websites Vote for a Change and Take Back Parliament to run the ads, which carry the message: "Nick Clegg, Don't sell out on PR. Fair Votes Now!"
The work features in today's copy of The Times, and will also run online in the form of a banner ad on a number of a websites.
The £15,000 required to produce and run the ad was raised from contributions made by visitors to the 38 Degrees website over the weekend following Friday's election result and after the organisation made a plea to help "concentrate Lib Dem minds and prove how much we care".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire