Political ads live on beyond election as pressure group targets Clegg
LONDON - A pressure group supporting proportional representation has reacted quickly by rolling out a national press ad urging the Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg to stick to his demands for a reformed voting system when talks continue later today.
Fair Votes Now: ad in The Times
Clegg is expected to meet with other senior Lib Dems this lunchtime to agree on a set of concrete proposals for the Conservatives, and 38 Degrees fear that he could compromise on his previous demands in exchange for the perks of government.
The organisation has joined forces with political websites Vote for a Change and Take Back Parliament to run the ads, which carry the message: "Nick Clegg, Don't sell out on PR. Fair Votes Now!"
The work features in today's copy of The Times, and will also run online in the form of a banner ad on a number of a websites.
The £15,000 required to produce and run the ad was raised from contributions made by visitors to the 38 Degrees website over the weekend following Friday's election result and after the organisation made a plea to help "concentrate Lib Dem minds and prove how much we care".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...