Gromit copies Maradona in Npower TV ad
LONDON - Npower is to run an ad featuring Wallace & Gromit to highlight its backing for England's 2018 World Cup bid.
The ad has been created by VCCP and Aardman Animations and imagines the duo, who have featured in previous Npower ads, selling pies at the 2018 World Cup hosted by England.
Their pie cannon malfunctions and in attempt to save a pie Gromit accidentally copies the infamous handball by Diego Maradona in the 1986 England vs Argentina World Cup match.
As we next see Gromit reading a newspaper bearing the headline 'Hand of Dog' a voiceover tells viewers that Npower believes England hosting the World Cup "would be fantastic for everyone, especially Britain's businesses".
The ad will break tomorrow on Sky channels including Sky News, Sky Sports News and Sky Sports 1, before going on terrestrial TV on Saturday 15 May, FA Cup Final Day.
"We believe a successful bid to stage the Fifa World Cup in England would be fantastic for the country and particularly for Britain's businesses," said Kevin Peake, marketing director at Npower. "Wallace and Gromit illustrate, in their fun and endearing way, how hosting the Fifa World Cup in 2018 could also benefit businesses' revenue."
The energy provider became a partner of the bid in March, alongside BT, Morrisons and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...