BR Video: Can women be won over to beer?
LONDON - There are encouraging signs this week for Molson Coors' bid to convert women to beer with its clear lager in a bottle concept, judging by the latest BR Video.
Brand Republic asked the public what beer brands the women they know drink and what would make beer more attractive to them.
The perception that women don't drink beer remains entrenched, even among younger women such as 34-year-old Helen, who said: "I don't know many women that drink beer ... it's seen as quite a student thing."
But many other respondents could pick out brands that women they knew drink, among them Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg, Budweiser and Peroni.
Peroni, said 43-year old insurance broker Paul, has a light taste and is a fashionable brand that importantly bottles not in pints.
Most believed that a beer would appeal to women if it came in a bottle and not on draught.
Jacqueline, a 48-year-old housewife, said: "If I was ever to drink it would have to be served more elegantly, not those great big fat glasses, I don't like those."
Elaine, who is retired and drinks one John Smiths a week, championed the idea of a different colour to brown or yellow, while 22-year-old events manager Ross suggested the amount of calories in a brew was a stumbling block for the other sex.
Molson Coors is yet to come up with a name for its beer, but is unlikely to go with the suggestions from our respondents, which include 'Try this' or 'This is for you'.
Molson Coors will roll-out its clear beer in August as part of its drive to increase the number of women lager drinkers.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...