Holiday Autos looks to social media to push deals
LONDON - Lastminute.com-owned Holiday Autos has launched its first Twitter feed to fuel customer demand backed by out-of-home activity including 250 taxi sides, plasma screens and Transvision panels in London.
Holiday Autos: Twitter page
The campaign is launched under the strapline 'We go further' and the car hire company said it will use the [Twitter] feed to promote deals and pass on holiday advice, destination tips and travel ideas.
As part of the social networking launch the company has announced that it is giving 5 per cent off any car hire booking to the first 500 people.
Hema Nagar, head of marketing at Holiday Autos, said: "We're really excited about being part of the Twitter revolution. We considered all our social media options carefully and decided that Twitter gives us the best platform to engage directly and quickly with our customers."
Holiday Autos was launched in 1987. Planning and buying for the campaign is handled by MG/OMD, while creative is handled by marketing agency Digger.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Fashion Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Mobile Phone Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone and Benefits!, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - £28k - Big Budgets! Ultimate Asset £26000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Creative Thinker - Senior Planner Buyer - £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Media Planner Buyer- £30k- Independent Agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, London