Holiday Autos looks to social media to push deals
LONDON - Lastminute.com-owned Holiday Autos has launched its first Twitter feed to fuel customer demand backed by out-of-home activity including 250 taxi sides, plasma screens and Transvision panels in London.
Holiday Autos: Twitter page
The campaign is launched under the strapline 'We go further' and the car hire company said it will use the [Twitter] feed to promote deals and pass on holiday advice, destination tips and travel ideas.
As part of the social networking launch the company has announced that it is giving 5 per cent off any car hire booking to the first 500 people.
Hema Nagar, head of marketing at Holiday Autos, said: "We're really excited about being part of the Twitter revolution. We considered all our social media options carefully and decided that Twitter gives us the best platform to engage directly and quickly with our customers."
Holiday Autos was launched in 1987. Planning and buying for the campaign is handled by MG/OMD, while creative is handled by marketing agency Digger.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...