Heinz appoints Matt Hill as its chief marketing officer
Heinz has named Unilever marketer Matt Hill as its next chief marketing officer for Heinz UK & Ireland, starting on 23 August.
Heinz poaches Matt Hill from Unilever
Hill's appointment follows the re-instatement of the Heinz CMO role, last held by Suzanne Douglas who became managing director of Heinz Australia in February last year.
His imminent arrival is being touted as a clear signal of Heinz's strong commitment to driving the brand portfolio forward and putting the consumer at the heart of the company's agenda.
Hill is currently global vice president of brand development at Knorr Masterbrand & Soups, a role he has held since 2007.
He joined Unilever in 1993 and has held a number of marketing positions within its Foods businesses. Among his successes is the launch of Flora pro-activ in 21 countries.
In his new role he will have four marketing directors report into him: Giles Jepson, sauces and soups; Paula Jordan, beans, kids and meals; Jane Jeffreys, baby food; and Paul Sterneib, frozen foods.
Last year, Heinz launched its biggest-ever umbrella brand campaign across its entire product portfolio, to step up its battle against supermarket own-label products
The company said the £5m campaign, by agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, represented its biggest marketing spend in the past five years.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...