118 118 chief executive Gerry Murphy exits
LONDON - Gerry Murphy has left The Number 118 118 after two years as chief executive. It is not known whether he has a job to go to.
Gerry Murphy has left The Number 118 118
Murphy joined in April 2008 from Superdrug, where he had been group marketing director for three years. He replaced Mark Horgan, who moved to a European role that was subsequently made redundant.
Murphy attempted to reposition the brand with a series of SMS services including sports scores, weather updates and answers to trivia questions.
To support the repositioning, the company launched a TV campaign, created by The Brooklyn Brothers, featuring animated versions of the 118 118 runner brand characters.
Murphy hired ZenithOptimedia to handle the brand's consolidated £14m media business and handed its digital account to Work Club.
A spokesman for The Number 118 118 said Murphy had completed his contract.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London