BP suspends marketing activity
LONDON - BP has suspended planned marketing activity in the wake of the growing oil-leak crisis in the Gulf of Mexico.
BP: marketing plans on hold
Until this week, the energy company's global marketing teams had been working on a 'business-as-usual' basis, with the communications department leading the effort to restore the brand's reputation.
However, a pan-European mobile and digital push for BP's Ultimate premium fuel product, previously scheduled to roll out next month, has been postponed while efforts continue to stem the flow of oil into the waters off Louisiana, Alabama and Florida.
BP is also facing calls from tourism bodies in some southern US states to fund ad campaigns in support of their $20bn tourism industry, which has been hit by the spill.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Planning Manager - Healthcare PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Business Director PFJ £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- Account Executive - Social Media Source £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 per annum, Stevenage