Wolfstar MD Stuart Bruce to lead Andy Burnham's Labour leadership campaign
Wolfstar founder Stuart Bruce is running former health secretary Andy Burnham's campaign for the Labour leadership.
Entering Labour leadership race: Andy Burnham
Burnham launched his campaign this morning in the Daily Mirror. In a letter to readers, Burnham said: ‘I am asking today for the support of my colleagues to go forward as a candidate to lead the party I love and have served for 35 years... My vision is of people from all backgrounds playing a part in reshaping the People's Party for a new century.'
Bruce will be running the campaign as director of communications. He will be responsible for directing strategy for the campaign. He will continue to work at Wolfstar but will work on the campaign for several days a week.
Bruce told PRWeek he was in the process of finalising a campaign team.
Burnham will address the media during a visit to Manchester later today. The campaign will be formally launched next Wednesday.
David Miliband, Ed Miliband, Ed Balls, John McDonnell and Diane Abbott have all announced their candidacies.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford