Heinz targets radio listeners around World Cup
Heinz is to debut a spate of radio advertising around the World Cup, marking a shift in strategy for the tomato ketchup maker.
Heinz: radio campaign focused around World Cup
The move will mark the first time the company has undertaken tailored radio advertising around a World Cup.
Giles Jepson, sauces and soup marketing director at Heinz, told Marketing there was likely to be a number of radio executions during the football competition and the run-up to it.
The radio spots are likely to centre on the benefits of eating barbecued food during football's flagship event. Heinz's retained advertising agency is AMV BBDO.
The move from Heinz comes as it prepares the second phase of its ‘It has to be Heinz' campaign, which aims to build an emotional connection between the Heinz brand and consumers.
The campaign, which launched last year, will hit TV, radio and digital channels later this year, and is likely to showcase a clutch of new product development across five core brands: Heinz Tomato Ketchup, Heinz Beanz, Heinz Salad Cream, Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup and Heinz Spaghetti Hoops.
Earlier this month, Heinz appointed a new marketing director, Matt Hill. The post had last been held by Suzanne Douglas, who became managing director of Heinz Australia in February last year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...