Nike launches epic World Cup TV spot
LONDON - Nike has unveiled its epic three-minute new World Cup TV ad featuring stars such as Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Fabio Cannavaro and Didier Drogba.
Nike World Cup ad
In each segment of the ad, by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, the viewer sees a crucial moment of the match, and the implications of either making a winning contribution or making a mistake.
The section involving Rooney shows his pass to fellow England forward Theo Walcott being intercepting by French winger Frank Ribery, leading to a financial depression in the UK and the decline of Rooney's career, before he is shown having grown a huge beard and living in a caravan.
In the alternative moment, Rooney is able to track back and tackle Ribery, becoming a national hero with a generation of sons named ‘Wayne', as well as being knighted by the Queen.
Later in the ad, as Cristiano Ronaldo stands over a free-kick, we see a possible future in which Portuguese football fans gather at the unveiling of a statue of the former Manchester United player. He is also seen appearing on US TV show ‘The Simpsons'.
The ad launches tomorrow, Saturday 22 May, during coverage of the UEFA Champions League Final between Bayern Munich and Inter Milan on ITV1.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...