Cobra rolls out curry-focused ad campaign
The Cobra Beer Partnership has launched a £5m campaign centred on the relationship that curry lovers have with the Indian lager brand.
Cobra: promotes the lager's link with curry
The ad campaign, which spans press and radio, aims to cement the association with curry that Cobra has been building up since its acquisition by Molson Coors last year. Prior to this, it has sought to position itself as a mainstream lager through activities such as the sponsorship of Dave's prime-time programming.
Created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay, with media planned and bought by ZenithOptimedia, it focuses on the three elements of a great curry night, which it identifies as "Cobra, curry and company".
The radio ads feature the familiar voice of Sheridan Smith, star of 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps' and the musical, 'Legally Blonde' .
The ad campaign will be supported by a series of advertorials to give curry fans the perfect excuse to have a curry night.
Other activities planned to strengthen Cobra's affiliation to curry in 2010, include advertising on 118 118 texts when consumers request details for a local curry restaurant or takeaway, and tapping into its Facebook group "We Love Curry".
The group currently has more than 75,000 fans, with Cobra planning additional activity to build the fanbase further.
Cobra's Brick Lane Curry Festival, in London's curry heartland (running until 4 June) is in its tenth year, while the Cobra Beer Partnership is also set to support an event in June celebrating 200 Years of the Curry House, as well as National Curry Week in November.
The advertising launch comes as Cobra brewing begins at Molson Coors' flagship brewery in Burton, a year after the completion of Molson Coors' acquisition of the brand.
Kevin Wallace, brand director, Cobra Beer Partnership, said: "We see Cobra as an integral part of the curry night experience.
"For years, Cobra has been synonymous with British curry houses – we want to build on this association and make Cobra part of the curry night experience, whether enjoyed in restaurants or at home."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...