EBLEX hands £4 million media brief to MPG
The English Beef & Lamb Executive has appointed MPG Media Contacts to handle its estimated £4 million media planning and buying account.
EBLEX: appointed MPG
The meat quango appointed the Havas-owned agency after a three-way pitch against the incumbent, OMD UK, and Universal McCann.
MPG's appointment, which covers an initial two-year period, follows a change in EBLEX's creative agency arrangements last year.
EBLEX appointed TBWA\London to replace Leo Burnett and dropped TV activity featuring the "Beefy" and "Lamby" characters, based on the cricketers Sir Ian Botham and Allan Lamb, in favour of print activity highlighting the quality standards applied to British beef and lamb.
The meat body is a division of The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board and raises around £12 million each year from a levy paid by farmers. It is responsible for marketing beef and lamb under the Quality Standard and Red Tractor labels.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...