EBLEX hands £4 million media brief to MPG
The English Beef & Lamb Executive has appointed MPG Media Contacts to handle its estimated £4 million media planning and buying account.
EBLEX: appointed MPG
The meat quango appointed the Havas-owned agency after a three-way pitch against the incumbent, OMD UK, and Universal McCann.
MPG's appointment, which covers an initial two-year period, follows a change in EBLEX's creative agency arrangements last year.
EBLEX appointed TBWA\London to replace Leo Burnett and dropped TV activity featuring the "Beefy" and "Lamby" characters, based on the cricketers Sir Ian Botham and Allan Lamb, in favour of print activity highlighting the quality standards applied to British beef and lamb.
The meat body is a division of The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board and raises around £12 million each year from a levy paid by farmers. It is responsible for marketing beef and lamb under the Quality Standard and Red Tractor labels.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Communications and Copywriting Executive Pitch Consultants £25000 - £28000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits, Coventry
- Junior to Mid-Weight Creative Teams Daniel Marks London £30-60k, London
- Category Coordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Northamptonshire