Jury is out on whether hyperlocal publishing can pay
Despite the rise in the number of hyperlocal news projects, serious questions exist for publishers as to whether hyperlocal publishing can be made to pay its way.
Hyperlocal publishing: Guardian News & Media experimenting
As media owners such as Guardian News & Media and Associated Northcliffe Digital continue to experiment, a shift is taking place that is seeing some local sites move away from a focus on news, to concentrate instead on community and activism.
Also on The Wall
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London