Bacardi to boost creative consistency
Bacardi is embarking on a root-and-branch review of its global marketing arrangements as part of a cost-cutting drive.
Bacardi in cost-cutting move
The idea is to align its brands, which include Bacardi, Bombay Sapphire, Dewar's and Grey Goose, with agency groups to ensure consistency and economies of scale.
The brands are currently split mainly between Y&R and the Publicis Groupe networks. In some cases, independent agencies handle part of the brands' activity, but the plan is to cut back their presence on the Bacardi roster. In the UK, the Bacardi brand business is handled by RKCR/Y&R. This account will be included in the review.
The shift comes a week after rival drinks company Diageo announced plans to restructure its global marketing team around its core categories.
It is unlikely that any final decisions on appointments will be made before Silvia Lagnado takes up her role as chief marketing officer for Bacardi. Lagnado, a former senior Unilever marketer, is due to start in her new role in September.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Digital Planner and Strategist - Leading Global Agency Hanson Search £Competitive, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...