WPP backs Tony McTear in start-up venture
WPP is backing a start-up agency co-founded by Tony McTear, the former creative director at Fallon and TBWA.
True Worldwide... agency launch
The new agency, called True Worldwide, sets out to unite digital, advertising and technology. Alongside McTear, its co-founders are TBWA's head of planning, Simon Law, and Neil Miller and Chris Perry, the former joint chief executives of Razorfish London.
WPP has just under a 50 per cent share of the agency, with the founders taking a majority stake between them.
The agency is being positioned as a "hybrid", working across all media, with the aim of becoming a global network. It has set up a technology team based in Seattle and will have access to the WPP global network's data resources.
The agency plans to deliver an insight into customer behaviour through bespoke tools developed by the technology team, which it will combine with WPP data to offer what it hopes will be a unique service for clients.
McTear said: "It's interesting to see how agencies are trying to battle each other for ownership of both advertising and digital spend. The smart money has to be on finding ideas that transcend both channels and the right balance of people from the start to make it all work together."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £55k - £60k, London, Soho
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...