WPP backs Tony McTear in start-up venture
WPP is backing a start-up agency co-founded by Tony McTear, the former creative director at Fallon and TBWA.
True Worldwide... agency launch
The new agency, called True Worldwide, sets out to unite digital, advertising and technology. Alongside McTear, its co-founders are TBWA's head of planning, Simon Law, and Neil Miller and Chris Perry, the former joint chief executives of Razorfish London.
WPP has just under a 50 per cent share of the agency, with the founders taking a majority stake between them.
The agency is being positioned as a "hybrid", working across all media, with the aim of becoming a global network. It has set up a technology team based in Seattle and will have access to the WPP global network's data resources.
The agency plans to deliver an insight into customer behaviour through bespoke tools developed by the technology team, which it will combine with WPP data to offer what it hopes will be a unique service for clients.
McTear said: "It's interesting to see how agencies are trying to battle each other for ownership of both advertising and digital spend. The smart money has to be on finding ideas that transcend both channels and the right balance of people from the start to make it all work together."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Digital Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Milton Keynes Ninesharp £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Milton Keynes
- EMEA Digital Marketing Manager Ninesharp £40000 - £45000 per annum, Milton Keynes