Apple buckles under massive iPhone 4 demand
Apple has apologised to customers after its online approval system malfunctioned due to the high level of demand for pre-orders for the new iPhone 4.
iPhone 4: 600,000 pre-orders
The technology giant and its carrier partners took more than 600,000 pre-order in one day for the new thinner model, the most Apple has ever taken in one day.
Apple said the demand for the iPhone 4 was higher than it anticipated and resulted in approval system malfunctions leaving many customers abandoning the process in frustration.
In a statement Apple says: "We apologise to everyone who encountered difficulties, and hope that they will try again or visit an Apple or carrier store once the iPhone 4 is in stock."
The iPhone 4 will be available in the UK on 24 June. The model, which is 24% thinner than the previous iPhone, includes a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash on the back. Using a front-facing camera, the iPhone 4 will also allow users to see their callers and visa versa.
It will be the first phone to use Apple's iAd mobile advertising network. Apple said it has booked more than $60m worth of advertising already on the network that will be available from 1 July.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...